Saturday, January 27, 2007

Paradox LOVES Stephenie Meyer

I've been meaning to do this for a while, but I just haven't gotten around to it.

On my bookshelf are two books that I absolutely ADORE beyond all words and sane recognition. Twilight and New Moon, both by Stephenie Meyer, a Mormon author and a wonderful example to those of us hoping to publish in the wide world of popular fiction.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Hers is a series about one Bella Swan that moves from the warm deserts of Arizona and life with her mother, to the rainy regions of Washington State with her father. Once there, she meets the beautiful and mysterious Cullen family, including Edward Cullen. Her world as she knew it is forever altered as she discovers the Cullens' terrifying secret that leaves Bella with a choice between life or death. A romance novel unlike any I've ever seen!
The writing itself reveals that this is Stephenie Meyer's first book; however, the story is so captivating, so dangerously addicting, don't intend on giving your full attention to anything during/after reading.

Although they are YA books, and certainly (according to stereotype) wonderful books for girls, I've found that my LDS guy friends have enjoyed them just as much, as have readers of all ages. Truly worth the read!